Monday 6 June 2016

Malteser Fridge Cake

Sometimes its nice to have something sweet, tasty and indulgent but quickly, and that can be the only downside I find when you're baking, the waiting. Luckily I do have a couple of recipes I turn to when I need something quickly, and one of those being my Malteaser Fridge cake, which is sweet, chewy and the texture of it is absolutely delectable if I do say so myself. I also find that they are a bit of a winner when I need something to take into work and keep everyone going.


Malteaser Fridge Cake

Ingredients

300g Chocolate Digestives
100g Malteasers
100g Butter
3 tbsp. Golden Syrup
100g Dark Chocolate
2oog Milk Chocolate


Method

Start off by placing the digestives into a food processor or a food bag and bashing into crumbs. Try and allow for some bigger bits and having variations in size of biscuits as it enhances the texture well. Then place half of the Malteasers in a food bag and lightly bash, allowing the variations in size once again. Prepare a cake tin with cling film or greaseproof paper to set your fridge cake.
In a saucepan on a medium heat, melt the butter and the dark chocolate. There is no need for a bain-marie here as you have the butter in with the chocolate. Once melted, add the golden syrup and stir with a wooden spoon. Take off the heat and add the biscuits and Malteasers. Then pour the mixture into the pre-prepared tin and flatten. Then place in the fridge.
In the microwave or in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water, melt the milk chocolate, then pour over the cake and spread out evenly. To finish the cake I crumbled the rest of the Maltesers over the top.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Comments and Feel Free to ask Questions...