Thursday 10 March 2016

Peanut & Crunchie Bar Cupcakes

I made these last night as a treat for my boyfriend who is feeling a little under the weather at the moment but also I had a massive urge to make cupcakes. I used to make cupcakes all the time and recently I have been concentrating on other areas of baking, so I haven't really given it much attention.
However, I absolutely love Crunchie bars and they were on offer in Sainsbury's so that was my excuse I suppose. The sponge of these cupcakes was absolutely divine, however the icing is an absolute winner. This recipe incorporates my cheat icing recipe, basically this icing is made with Nutella which adds to the already divine clear and nutty dimension of these cupcakes!
Have a go and let me know what you think!

Ingredients

4oz Self Raising Flour
40z Caster Sugar
40z Unsalted Butter (cake)
6oz Unsalted Butter (icing)
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tbsp. Peanut Butter
3 Crunchie Bars, blitzed
2 tsp. Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. Vanilla Essence
Handful of Peanuts
500g Powdered Sugar
200g Nutella

Makes 12

Method

Preheat the oven to 200oc and prepare a cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar until fluffy. Gradually add one egg at a time and combine well.
Gradually add the flour, cocoa powder, vanilla essence and baking powder.
Add the peanut butter to the mix and fold in. Make sure you avoid lumps of peanut butter!
Use 2 of the Crunchie bars for the sponge, smash with a rolling pin in a food bag or use a food processor. The pieces of Crunchie need to be very fine, especially for the sponge.
Mix the mixture a final time, incorporating the Crunchie, then spoon into the cases, divide the mixture equally into 12 cases.
Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked.
For the icing, combine the butter and the sugar until fluffy, then incorporate the Nutella until smooth.
Pipe onto the cakes when cool, sprinkle with Crunchie bars and peanuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Comments and Feel Free to ask Questions...