Thursday 24 March 2016

Easter Treats: Peanut Butter Chocolate Slab

Happy Easter to all! Last year I had the ingenious idea of buying a plain Easter egg, which I carefully split into two, filled with peanut butter and nuts, I then stuck it back together, wrapped it up and gave it to the other half for Easter. Peanut butter and chocolate is his favourite, however it was a little bish bash bosh, so this year I wanted to top that! It was delicious so I had to think carefully about how I was going to create something delicious and visually impressive. I did some research and I must say, the chocolate bark and slab ideas just look amazing and it is so nice to give someone something home made for any occasion, so I thought I would give it a go. I had to get mini eggs on board as my boyfriend loves them, which was easy enough as they are everywhere, obviously, right now. I made a cute little label, got some ribbon, made it look cute and lovely and boom, he's happy and munching on it right now! Give it a go, make a homemade chocolate treat this Easter, or perhaps for your next occasion- they look really impressive and these chocolate slabs allow you to get creative and use as many or as little ingredients as you desire, all you really need is chocolate to melt and you're half way there!!


Ingredients 

250g Milk Chocolate
250g Dark Chocolate
4 tbsp. Smooth Peanut Butter
Small pack of Milk Buttons
Medium bag of Mini Eggs


Method

1. Prepare a round cake tin with cling film and lightly butter it to avoid any sticking.
2. Break up the chocolate, keep them in separate bowls. I melt mine in the microwave but you can melt it on the job if you prefer.
3. Pour the dark chocolate into the Tim, then the milk, use a spoon to marble the two.
4. Place the peanut butter in a small bowl and melt slightly. Pour on top of the chocolate and marble with a spoon.
5. Leave to stand for a couple of minutes . Put the buttons and the mini eggs into a food bag and bash with a rolling pin.
6. Scatter the buttons and eggs over the chocolate, then place in the fridge for 2-3 hours.

Get creative!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Comments and Feel Free to ask Questions...