Monday 16 November 2015

Cookie Mad: Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies

I cant quite decide what I prefer: making cookies, inventing recipes, or actually eating them. They are one of my favourite treats which are always so moreish. I have to admit to a few times driving 20 minutes to the supermarket to buy a bag of 5 double chocolate cookies and eating all of them on the 20 minute drive home, they are so addictive!


These days when I have a cookie craving I tend to get cooking ASAP and I can devoir more delicious cookies and a larger batch of them at that!
I have tried a few variations of this recipe but I think that finally I have got it just right. As much as a cookie fiend I am, I am an even bigger peanut butter fan, I am constantly trying to find new ways to bring peanut butter into a recipe.



Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies

100g of dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
1 egg
125g granulated sugar
50g Plain Flour
 2 tbsp. Peanut Butter
50g Peanuts

  • Preheat the oven to 195oc and prepare two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
  • In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar and the flour, then crack the egg into the mixture and stir.
  • Add the chocolate chips or cut your chocolate into small chunks and add to the mixture.
  • Now add the 2 tbsp. of peanut butter and mix well.
  • Using teaspoons, create small balls with the mixture, no bigger than a ping pong ball. The mixture will be pretty sticky, place 6 on each tray spreading out evening.
  • Once you have dished out the mixture, flatten the balls slightly with a fork.
  • Bake for 12 minutes until golden.
These cookies are amazing warm, so get in there as soon as they come out of the oven, they are so hard to resist. Why not try a couple in a bowl with a scoop of ice cream, trust me its amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Comments and Feel Free to ask Questions...